Tuesday, June 3, 2008

My butt hurts...

Yesterday, I couldn't get into the little workout room at work until sometime after dinner.  I waited until my burned bacon and green beans had stopped giving my stomach a hard time (I can't cook bacon) and went down to watch a movie and get some activity going.  Luckily, Transformers was playing, so I got a little amped up and used it to challenge my legs, which are today screaming at me.

Warm-Up:
-Plate Warm-up x20 reps each
-World's Greatest Stretch x10
-Curtsy Squat x10
-Cat-Dog Stretch x10
-Hip Circles x10
-Arm Circles x30 each way
-Bird Dogs x10

Main: Three Sets
-Single Leg Bench Getups x20
-Single Arm DB Row x10 each
-Bench Dips x20
-Superman on Swiss Ball x20
-Single Leg Romanian Deadlift x10
-Sit-Ups with Plate Overhead x20

More:
-DB Shoulder circuit x10 each

Cardio:
-Spin-Bike, x5 30 second intervals with 1:30 easy pace in between, followed
by continuous pedaling for total of 30 minutes on bike

Cool Down/Stretch

I went pretty light on the weights because I'm still a little worried about my shoulder,
still getting it tightened back up. Hopefully I've got a softball game tonight for my
workout; it's been raining all day but it's sunny now. If not, I may just take it easy the
next few days to save up for this weekends death march up the South Sister with the
boys. Hours of hiking in snowshoes ought to be enough of a workout for the rest of the
week, but I'll continue to do small active things and post them. Can't stop completely,
I still have to make a conscious effort to improve even when I'm resting.

1 comment:

Daphne said...

OK, I went and walked/ran about 3 miles tonight. I attempted the Worlds Best Stretch but forgot how to do it so I'll try again. Did 6 man-style pushups (working my way up to 20 daily). Need to get a pullup bar installed or find a pullup station on my route. Was good. I would have run more (rather than walked) but my stomach was still too full of water and hummus. I thought I had waited long enough but nope. Hate that. I'll keep commenting and posting my 'workouts'. Such as they are.